Today is my 49th birthday.
Every year on my birthday, I take a moment to reflect on what I’ve learned over the years. This year is no different.
Here are the top 20 things I’ve learned over my 49 years on earth:
- Learn to love the body you are in. It’s the only one you have.
- Comparing yourself to others is a waste of time.
- You are truly the only person that can make you happy.
- The scale does not define you. It doesn’t matter what you weigh, the only thing that matters is happiness.
- Anxiety has no place in my life.
- Tame your inner critic. That voice has no right to mess with your head.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Love yourself first.
- Reality shows are not reality. Neither are how people portray themselves on social media.
- I control my own destiny.
- Having lots of friends isn’t as important as having those few you can trust.
- I am more confident in my 40’s than I ever was in my 20’s.
- I don’t really care what people think of me. Thank God I stopped doing that in my 30’s.
- If you want to learn to play the piano, do it. If you want to take singing lessons, do it. If you want to write a novel, do it.
- Listening to my dogs’ snore is very comforting
- Aspen was my doggie soulmate. There will never be another dog like her.
- We’re all just trying to do our best.
- It’s an effort to get out of my comfort zone, but once I do, magical things happen.
- I may not be able to do math in my head, but I’m an amazing judge of character.
- Take the vacations. Spend time with family. Do what makes you happy.
Yours in health,
P.S. If you feel like your fitness level or health is holding you back from living your best years, set up a discovery call with me today to learn how we can help. http://bit.ly/NGF-Discovery-Call