As the weather is getting colder, many people get less active. One of our members asked recently how to stay motivated to workout when the weather gets colder and not go into ‘hibernation’ mode.
Here are my top 5 tips:
1. Have a plan
Members of Nerdy Girl Fit Club have the benefit of having dozens of different workouts to choose from with new workouts added every week. My advice to our members is to browse the portal and plan out which workouts you will do in advance and write them on her calendar. I also suggested doing the workouts she really enjoys.
If you’re not a member of NGFC, you should still have a plan on keeping active in winter months. We have many workouts on our to choose from. Browse through them and plan which workouts you’ll do each week.
Or, better yet…. join Nerdy Girl Fit Club and join our LIVE workouts!
2. Focus on quality over quantity
If you were averaging 3-5 workouts a week in the summer, don’t beat yourself up if you only complete 2-3 a week in the winter. If you don’t feel like doing a full workout, do the first 15 minutes of a HIIT or Zumba workout. The quality of the workout matters more than the quantity.
3. Celebrate your wins
Each week, celebrate ALL the things that have gone well. Don’t focus on what went wrong. No matter how little the win, give yourself credit for what you accomplished.
4. Change your mindset
Stop those negative thoughts in their place! The second you say to yourself ‘I don’t want to’, ‘I don’t have time’, ‘it’s too cold’, ‘I’m too tired’, you’ll feed your brain with negativity which turns into inaction. Instead, change your mindset and the phrases you say to yourself. Saying things like ‘I always feel more energized when I’m done’, ‘I love how I feel when my workout is finished’, ‘I get to move my body with purpose today’ will lead to activity!
5. Remember how hard it is to start over
We’ve all been there. We wait to start working out and eating better in the spring. Remember how hard it is to start over from the beginning. Think about how much better you will feel next spring if you’ve been working out all winter. You’ll feel amazing!
What other tips do you have? Share them in our Facebook group.
Enjoy your day!
P.S. When you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help.
1. Grab my FREE ‘Beat Menopausal Weight Gain’ strategy. It’s your blueprint to avoiding, or losing, menopausal weight gain with 8 simple strategies. Click Here
2. Join Nerdy Girl Fit Club. Our online fitness studio with options for LIVE stream workouts or recorded, coaching, and accountability. Click Here
3. Join our FREE Facebook Group, with the same name as our online studio (Nerdy Girl Fit Club) for members and non-members. We share workout tips, recipes, personal stories, and sensible advice all wrapped up in a real friend vibe.